Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday

Brennan is having a season of never ending birthdays this summer. As you know, we celebrated with friends a month ago. On his actual birthday, we celebrated with my mom and sister. He got another pirate cake and got to open more gifts!
Here he is testing out his new cowboy costume.And, checking out his new scooter... thanks Aunt Debby and Joe!On Saturday night, when we got back from the hospital, we had a Carvel cake, which is Brian's favorite. While I had purchased the cake in honor of Brian's birthday, it turned into singing happy birthday for Brennan again. Peter and Meg came down that Tuesday to meet Tyler. We had round 3 of singing, using the left over half of the Carvel cake! Pete and Meg bought Brennan a tent with a sleeping bag and lawn chair. I haven't gotten pictures yet, but he's had a blast setting up camp in the basement! I think he and Brian will have an outdoor sleep-out this fall, when the weather isn't so hot.Brennan got quite a few new ride-on toys for his third birthday, which were needed, since he's outgrown just about every ride-on toy we had from prior years. He now has a big boy bike from Brian and I, that he unfortunately won't touch. A scooter from Aunt Debby and Joe, a plasma car from Brian and I, and the icing on the cake, a Power Wheels Ford F-150 from Nana and Baba. We are all set for hosting an outdoor playdate!On a non-birthday related noted, here is a sweet shot of Brennan cuddling up with Tyler on the couch! He loves having Tyler lay on him.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

LOVE the last picture! Can't get over how tiny Tyler looks in comparison to Brennan. Such handsome fellas!!
- Joanie

Sara said...

WOW. Holy truck! Awesome photos.