Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome Tyler Daniel Pecorino

At my 39 week doctor's appointment on July 5, I found out that I was 4 cm dilated, but I was still not in labor. My doctor gave me the option of scheduling an induction anytime from the next morning to a week past my due date. I was really ready for the baby to come and decided to schedule an induction sooner than later. I tried to set it up for the 8th, which would have given everyone their own birthdays, but it just worked out for the 7th. My mom and sister came down to stay with Brennan. On the morning of the 7th, we left for the hospital around 6:20 AM. We woke Brennan up to say good-bye before leaving and grabbed one last picture of us as a threesome.
The induction went smoothly and I had Tyler 2 hours after active labor started. Tyler Daniel Pecorino was born on July 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM, weighing 7 lb 9 oz, measuring 20 inches long. Welcome to our family, little guy!
The two birthday boys.
With a much shorter labor this time, I was so much less swollen, since I didn't have as much fluid pumped into my system. I really was feeling pretty good the next day. This is Tyler and I on the morning of the 8th. He is less than 24 hours old.

Big brother Brennan came to meet Tyler on Friday. Brennan climbed right up onto the bed and wanted to snuggle, hold and kiss Tyler. He has continued to be very loving towards the baby since we've been home. Brennan has assumed binkie duty for Tyler. If he hears the baby crying, he runs over to put the binkie in Tyler's mouth. After a little lesson in how to do that gently, he's doing a great job and I am sure he will be a good helper for me in the coming months! Big and little brother, relaxing together (please excuse Brennan's crazy bedhead hair.)

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Great pictures! You look so pretty in that pic w/ Tyler (taken on the 8th.) And he is an "absolute doll baby" (as my very Southern Mom would say.) Such a sweet family! That's great that Brennan is doing so well w/ Tyler. I've found that Evan really likes to do things to help me w/ Dylan, so definitely work that helpful attitude to your advantage!! Can't wait to meet the little one!
-Joanie

Tom Garone said...

Very nice and congratulations to Brian, Megan and Brennan. Welcome Tyler!

Sara said...

We are so happy for your family, and we look forward to meeting Tyler.