Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Today was Brennan's first day of preschool.  I got up ahead of the boys to make sure I was showered and ready to go before the morning chaos began.  We actually had a nice, calm morning before we had to leave.  Brian made Brennan an egg sandwich for breakfast and I later got him dressed and ready to go.  Brennan has been very excited about school, but was getting a little nervous at home.  He was on the brink of tears and told me that he didn't want to go to school.  This was unexpected and made me nervous, but I just encouraged him and moved the getting ready process along.  As we pulled up to the school, which is affiliated with a Methodist Church, Brennan saw the Methodist symbol on the building with the cross and fire and he shouted, "Cool Mom, fire, I want to go there."  We were a few minutes early, so we waited in the car, but as soon as he saw other kids, he pleaded with me to let him out!  He was 10 steps ahead of me entering the school and nearly forgot to say good-bye when we got to his class.  It was a quick, no tears farewell, which was great.
When I picked him up, he chose to go to Chick Fil A for lunch and I got to hear about his day.  According to Brennan, he sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, made a Lion craft, did something with a bean bag, sat on a butterfly rug, heard a story (maybe the Rainbow Fish) and played.  I asked him about his teacher, but all he told me was that she told him to stop making a funny face - the one where he pulls the sides of lips with his fingers.  I asked if he obeyed and he said yes.  I also asked him what he had for snack, but all he told me was agua, so I have no clue what they served the kids... maybe something he didn't like.  All in all, a good first day and he seems to be looking forward to going back on Friday.

No comments: