When Brennan was an infant, I had a friend who had to stop eating dairy and gluten to help with her baby's reflux. I often wondered if I would be willing to cut those things out if I were in a similar situation. About a month ago, I got to answer that question for myself as I decided to take dairy out of my diet to see if it would reduce Tyler's reflux. I wanted to avoid putting him on Zantac, but wanted to reduce his discomfort from spitting up. I went dairy free on August 13th and so far, it's been worth it! Tyler still has a little bit of a spit up, but so much less than before. I am thankful that removing dairy seems to be enough - life would be rough without gluten. I have been doing pretty good at avoiding hidden dairy in products, but have had a couple of missteps, which showed the next day in Tyler with a huge increase in spit-up. Here is my sweet little guy napping on the boppy.
Tyler has finally started to enjoy some of his baby toys. He spends time on his playmat and in his bouncy seat everyday now!

2 comments:
I'm glad Tyler is feeling better and that you were able to keep him off the meds. Go you! I love the Silk Almond milk.
Great Meg! Glad to see the diet is still helping the little guy! You're such a great mom! The other day I was reading some studies to get ready for work and I read that around 6 months/the introduction of foods, reflux gets much better/disappears for many babies. Hopefully Tyler will follow this trend or naturally grow out of this sooner :)
Love and miss you all!!
Post a Comment