Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Things to Remember

I wanted to make sure I captured a few things here so that I don't forget them.  On Brennan's first day of preschool, the teachers gave these little bags to the parents that contained a packet of tissues and a bunch of Hershey kisses.
This is Brennan's first craft from his first day of preschool.  The themes for the month include the color yellow, circles and the letter L.
Brennan drew the picture below on the chalkboard all by himself.  I've never seen him draw anything other than scribbles, so this amazed me.  He said it was a picture of Daddy.
When I picked Brennan up from school on his first day, I realized that asking, "what did you do in school today," was not going to yield real answers.  I started asking specific questions instead, like, "what story did your teacher read?" or "what song did you sing?"  Upon asking these questions, I could see Brennan was puzzled about how I knew he sang songs or read a story.  His initial response was, "Mommy, you were there?"  So cute!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That gift to the parents is so sweet, and it sounds and looks like Bren is doing awesome!