Monday, September 5, 2011
Labor Day Weekend
On Friday, heading into labor day weekend, we attended the open house at Brennan's preschool. The good news is that the week before, we found out that Brennan got a spot in the three day per week class, so he'll be going to school on MWF. We met Brennan's teachers and saw his classroom. He dove right in, playing with toys. We also got to spend some time out on the playground. His first day of school is on Wednesday. Here he is goofing off at home before the open house.
Mariah, Howie and the girls drove down on Friday and spent the weekend with us. On Saturday, we were planning on going to the playground and having a picnic lunch there, but thunder and rain rolled in as we were getting ready. Instead, we headed for the mall where the kids could ride the carousel and train, and have fun in the play area. Brennan and Avery both ran straight for the spinning teacup on the carousel.
The kids enjoyed a ride on the train, although of course, it wasn't possible to snap a picture with all three looking at the camera.
Avery and Olivia were both very excited to meet Tyler and help with everything from feeding him to changing him. Both girls did a great job, but Avery was especially sweet and gentle with him. She was my little helper all weekend long.
Tyler is my little snug bug. Once he gets tired, a good swaddle helps settles him down. Once wrapped, he's been taking naps pretty easily. (Don't worry, I don't usually have him laying on pillows, but in this case, he was under my supervision.) As much as there are times that I see Brennan in him, when I look at Tyler head on, I see a lot of differences. It'll be fun to see how he changes as he gets older. Quite a few people have said they think he looks like me, which is quite a difference from Brennan who is "all Brian," as everyone says!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great pics! I actually saw Mariah, Howie & the twins at Portrait Innovations on Sunday but I was heading into the ladies' room w/ Dylan when I first spotted them, and it took me a sec to place who they were. I was going to say hi but when we came out, they'd already started their photo session. Can't believe how much the girls have changed since I saw them at Brennan's 2nd b'day party! So cute!!
-Joanie
What a lovely weekend that must have been! I hope Brennan enjoys his first day of school!
Post a Comment