Thursday, February 16, 2012

Foxes and First Teeth

About a week ago, I noticed a fox was resting in our backyard.  He stayed in this sunny spot for about 2 hours.  I've heard my neighbors talk about a fox in the neighborhood for years, but hadn't seen him myself until a month or two ago.  Since my first sighting, I've seen him running around at least once a week.  I think he is having some skin problems because his fur isn't looking very healthy and he spent a lot of time itching and repositioning himself when sitting in our yard.  Although I don't really want to encourage the fox to hang out in our yard, I've done a little research and it seems like a fox in the neighborhood can be a very good thing as they prey on mice, raccoons and other small creatures that you don't want in/around your home.  However, they are an animal that can get rabies, so I'll have to keep an eye on this guy.
On Friday, the 10th, I discovered that Tyler's first tooth had broken through - his bottom, center left tooth.  Last night, while attempting to show Brian the little sliver of tooth, I noticed that the bottom right one had broken the surface as well.  Very exciting stuff.  In other Tyler news, he is officially sleeping through the night - approximately 7 PM to 7 AM.  He is all about the solid foods and hardly drinks at all - from breast or bottle.  His main source of milk is mixed with oatmeal, so I feed this child A LOT of oatmeal!
My in-laws were in town last weekend visiting and the boys enjoyed spending time with Grammy and Papa, as Brennan has named them.  This week has been all business - school, food shopping and house cleaning.  We are heading to Regina's tomorrow for a little playdate with Baby Frankie and have friends coming on Saturday morning to see Brennan.  More pictures to come soon!

No comments: