Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Watermelon Man

I bought a small watermelon this week and Tyler has been going to town on it!  I usually cut it up for him in small pieces, but, last night, I just handed him a slice and he gobbled it right up.  Four slices of watermelon later, he was covered in red watermelon juice and was all smiles!
Within the last couple of weeks, Tyler has really started to understand language.  He is now able to understand and follow simple commands.  If I ask him to put something back in the cabinet (like a spice jar), he knows what to do.  After following directions, he often likes to applaud for himself.  He will close a door, come or go as requested, blow kisses, wave and say hi.  He is interested in simple puzzles and has been learning to do some of the age appropriate wooden puzzles we have.  I always ask him to say different things during the day and he is starting to try to say more words now, especially animal sounds.  He also seems to know if he doesn't do what I ask, and will sit there looking at me with a mischievous smile, waiting for me to tell him again.  He loves to play hide and seek around doorways.  He gets jealous if I hold and hug Brennan and will come to fight for his position!  He is a real sweetie pie and it's fun to see his personality come out!

No comments: