Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Cowboy Corral

I was able to check-off my last mini-project this week, which was to update Brennan's bathroom with the cowboy themed decor that I had been accumulating. My inspiration started with a Wall Words quote that I purchased about a year and a half ago that read, "God, please tell Mama that Cowboys don't take baths, we just dust off." I loved it and had been looking for a cowboy shower curtain and accessories ever since. I had gotten some cowboy decals and a nightlight at Target a while ago and finally hit the jackpot with a shower curtain, towels and cup at Kohl's a few months ago. I think the space came out really cute. The only disappointment in all of this was that my Wall Words quote wouldn't stick to the wall. I have used this product in the past with no issue at all, so I think I just let it sit for too long and it must have lost its stick. The other decals stuck just fine though and did the trick to dress the bathroom up.
Normally, I'd prefer a cloth shower curtain, but with a little boy who is still working the kinks out of aiming when standing to pee, plastic is going to save me a lot of hassle with clean-ups!
The boot that I'm using as a toothbrush holder was one of a pair that I purchased for Brennan's first birthday and used to anchor helium balloons. It hasn't been more than a piece of clutter in our storage space for the last two years, so I was happy to find another use for it.