Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Fountains at Lansdowne

Brennan and I have been staying inside for most of the week and we were both in need of fresh air, so I decided to take Brennan over to the fountains at the Lansdowne Town Center. There were quite a few bigger (and bossy) kids there, but Brennan seemed to hold his own. He had a lot of fun getting wet and was pretty bold about going right up to the spraying water.Now that we've been to the fountains at Lansdowne, Reston and Fairfaix Corner, I want to give a little assessment. Reston and Lansdowne's actual fountains are basically the same. Reston has more lunch options, but is a bigger center that requires you to park in a garage and walk to the fountains. There is seating at Reston with more opportunities for shade, but it's farther from the fountains, so parents often feel like they have to stand up to get closer to the water to watch their kids. I liked how close the parking was at Lansdowne and the seating availability right next to the fountains. There also weren't a lot of dog walkers, like in Reston, so you didn't have to worry about kids running into poop, which legally should be picked up, but is sometimes left. Fairfax Corner is a different animal. The fountains themselves are bigger, but maybe a little more intimidating. It has good lunch options and benches, as well as table/chair seating, if you can get one, but there is no grassy area. I really love Fairfax Corner, but at half the distance away, I will gladly make my way back to Lansdowne this summer with the little guy!

We brought lunch with us and sat on the sidelines to eat. What looks like a black and white bag to the right in the photo below is a new cooler I bought for the pool this year, where they don't allow you to bring in outside food. I thought it would go unnoticed as a cooler!

No comments: