Brennan and Tyler wore coordinating outfits (matching jeans and dinosaur shirts from the same collection - thanks, Nana!)
I was so concerned about taking video during the event, that I totally forgot about taking pictures. The kids marched in wearing hats - some classes wore feathers, others wore pilgrim hats. Brennan's feather hat is pictured below. He thought he was dressed up as a turkey, even though I know his teacher taught the kids about Pilgrims and Native Americans. The kids sang the Albuquerque Turkey song and then sang a prayer before joining us at the tables.
The teachers came around to serve the feast. The menu was turkey sandwiches, french fries, corn and applesauce, with apple juice and water to drink. Brennan was so excited to have Tyler and I at the feast. He had been talking about the feast for a week or so, ever since they started making the crafts pictured above. We really had a nice time and Brennan enjoyed helping himself to seconds at the dessert buffet!
1 comment:
Those cookies are sooo cute!! You really should go into the dessert-making business in your "spare time"(HA!)
Your boys are adorable!!
-Joanie
Post a Comment