Friday, November 11, 2011
Tyler's 4 Month Stats
I took Tyler to the pediatrician today for his 4 month well baby visit. He weighed 14.1 lb (34%) and was 26.5 inches long (93%.) He received the second round of his immunizations (1 oral and 2 shots.) Developmentally, he is right on track: he laughs/giggles, smiles, lifts his chest off the ground during tummy time, can "stand" with support, is grasping his hands together and can roll from front to back. My main question for the doctor was about his sleep, or I should say, lack there of! Brennan had totally spoiled me by this age because he was sleeping from 7 PM to 6 AM every night. It's been a shock to my system to still have Tyler waking 2-3 times a night. The doc explained that for many babies, their liver doesn't produce enough glycogen until 6 months for them to make it through the night without eating. She said I could try to set some guidelines for nighttime feedings - like no nursing until 2 AM and if he wakes before, just sooth him in another way. I have tried this before, but not consistently. She also suggested putting tons of pacifiers in his crib so he might learn to find one and stick it in his mouth by himself. I felt encouraged by her advice and hope that I'll see some improvement in sleep over the next two months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry he's not sleeping better yet but he sure is CUTE!!
Post a Comment