Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We went to Snickers Gap Tree Farm on Saturday to pick out a Christmas tree.  It was a 40 minute drive out to Round Hill, but was definitely worth the trip.  (It was also a great excuse to stop at the Hill High Country Store to get a delicious coconut cream pie!)  There were tons of beautiful trees to choose from.  Brian found the perfect one to take home.  Brennan loved the baby trees and wanted to get one of those, but we didn't think the gifts would fit!
After chopping the tree down, Brian had to drag it up a hill to get to the barn to pay for it.  Next year, we will have to change our strategy and look for trees that are uphill from the barn!  It was really warm out and we were all feeling the heat.  Brennan followed behind Brian, imitating him by dragging some branches that he called little trees.
We got the tree home and decorated and I think it looks great!  We are starting to feel in the holiday spirit.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Your tree looks gorgeous! I didn't think I could have a live tree this early. What's the secret to keeping it? I love putting mine up early, so if I can have a live one up for 5 weeks, I will be thrilled!

Joanie said...

That is beautiful! It seems to have the perfect Christmas Tree shape!
-Joanie