Wednesday, June 11, 2008

37 Week Check In

I don't know if it's been the heat, or the fact that I am nearing the end, but I have really started to drag this week. I am even starting to have a little back pain. I feel weighed down and am having a hard time focusing on my work! One of my coworkers said it perfectly, I have senioritis! My boss is in Miami for the week and I can't wait for him to get back so that I can make sure we really are set with planned coverage for my maternity leave.

I had my doctor appointment today and the doctor made a comment about being glad that it seemed that I wasn't having a huge baby. That is music to my ears since I have to birth this child! Unfortunately though, it looks like the baby has decided to move out of the head down position and his head is somewhere on my left side. For next week's appointment, I have to go to my group's other office for a position sonogram. If he is breach, it doesn't mean he can't move, but now that we are nearing the end, he needs to lock into a head down position. If he doesn't, I'll be facing the decision to go with a Cesarean birth or to try a procedure called an External Version, in which doctors try to manipulate the baby into moving. That procedure only has about a 50% success rate, and it doesn't sound very pleasant. It could result in a need for an immediate Cesarean the day it is performed if it causes fetal distress.

I know this doesn't sound like the "best" update in the world, but don't worry just yet... I am not. I am healthy and so is the baby, so lets see what Monday's sonogram shows and then we'll have to take it from there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been so distant but I have been checking your blog! So exciting that the baby is almost here.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I have been thinking about you (and your feet) and have been looking for this update. You look great. I hope Baby P moves for you, and I think you have a great attitude!

Deb said...

Megs - You look so beautiful in this picture! I love that dress :) The room looks awesome! Love you!
-Deb

Robin said...

Hey Megan, It's Cousin Robin. I have been following your blogs and have not been able to get on here Hopefully this time it works. I just want to tell you how great you look. The baby is gorgeous in the sonogram pics. Unbelievable what they can do and see now a days. We just want to wish you a very easy delivery. It's not so bad. It's almost time. Can't wait to see the pictures. Send our love to all. The Marks Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg - You look so stunning! I love you more today. I know everything will be alright. You two are healthy and this is the most important thing... I can't believe he is ready to be here... Brian don't forget to call me from the hospital once he is here!