Monday, June 23, 2008

The 39 Week Count Down

We are coming up on to the due date, this Sunday, June 29.
Brian and I are excited and nervous. We know life is about to radically change forever! I don't go to the doctor until Thursday, so I have a few more days until we find out if any more progress has been made. During this week's appointment, we will schedule an induction date, so we will at least know the maximum day that I will go with this pregnancy if the baby doesn't come on his own. In my previous appointment, one doctor told me they'd let me go 10 days late, the other told me 7 days. We'll see what they say Thursday.
I have been recording and watching a ton of TLC's 'A Baby Story' to try to help prepare for what to expect during labor and delivery. It's been helpful to see different scenarios and issues that people have faced and to talk to Brian about what we would do if we faced the situations. I don't think you'll really know until you're there, but I'd say we're about as ready as we're going to be.
More to come after the appointment on Thursday. If I go into labor before then, I'll be sure to ask Brian to put up a post for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The count down has begun! We are so impatient here! You look amazing in this picture Meg! We love you!

Barb said...

Hang in there Megan, you're doing great!

Shannan & Wes said...

It's good that you've prepared for many different scenarios - having an open mind is smart. Birth plans are great, but I can attest to the fact that they rarely go "as planned" ha ha... Labor & delivery is different for each mama... No matter what, you'll be in God's hands and he will give you the strenght and endurance to get through anything labor & delivery throws your way :-) I'll be thinking of you and praying for you a speedy delivery so you can hurry up and love on that little man. May you and Brian be graced with many blessings upon this new journey of your lives. MUCH LOVE.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Lookin' good! We are praying for you.