This week, we finally got the nursery together. We ran into some issues with the dresser and had to have it replaced. The new dresser came this morning, so we were able to get the rest of the baby's things put away. The shot above of the crib is what you see straight ahead when you walk into the room. The words on the wall came from Wall Words, which is a company that my friend Denise is a consultant for (http://www.wallwordsconsultants.com/). The words look like stencils, but they are stickers, so they go on quickly and come off easily when you are ready for something new. I was having trouble getting a good close up shot of the words with the lighting this evening, but they say, "Sweet dreams, sleep tight, we love you, good night." I'll post a close up shot later, when I can get a picture without the glare of the overhead light or flash.
To the right of the door, is the dresser, glider and ottoman. We received a beautiful handmade quilt with turtle fabric and have ordered a shelf that has a compression bar to hang the quilt. That will go behind the glider on the wall when it arrives.
I am also including a shot of the closet system that Brian did a great job installing. Having a few extra drawers and shelves is helpful since the room isn't huge, so we need to make the most of the closet space.

4 comments:
The nursery looks great. Your little boy is going to be so happy in there! I am looking forward to seeing your 37 week photo.
You guys did an amazing job. The nursery look fabulous. Brian good job with the extra shelves in the closet.
Meg, it's getting closer and closer... I am so eager to see the baby...
Nursery pics, finally! :) It looks adorable - I especially like the writing over the bed. Can't wait for this little guy to get here!
wow - how long did it take to paint those stripes? niiiice!!! i love the nursery pics, you guys did a great job. little man will have many sweet dreams there.
Post a Comment