Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back To Work

Monday was my big day back to the office. On Sunday, I tried to get everything prepared for the morning. We packed up diapers, wipes and changes of clothing for the little guy. Brian went into work late so that he could drop Brennan off at day care with me. There were a few tears on my part, not Brennan’s, when leaving, but I felt an overall sense of peace. I know that the woman who is watching him is experienced with children, loving and nurturing. I was excited and nervous about heading back to work. So far though, the first two days have gone well and it is great to see Brennan’s face light up with a big smile when I get home.

The routine is going to take a little time to get used to. At the end of the day, after we put Brennan to bed, we want to veg out and watch TV, but we have to do all our preparation for the next day – make lunches, wash and prepare bottles, iron clothing, etc. This morning, I was on my own to get us out of the house and to day care. It went well, but the new 2 hour process of getting myself and the baby ready in the morning is a far cry from my former 45 minute up-and-out days! Brian, on the other hand, faces changes to his daily routine at the end of the day since is doing the pick up from daycare, which was his old gym time, so now he has to adjust his schedule to go later. We are just taking one day at a time, figuring out how to get it all done! I think it might be time to hire someone to do the house cleaning!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love this picture so much! I cannot wait to kiss this little one next weekend!!